The Harwood Museum of Art brings Taos arts to the world and world arts to Taos.
The mission of the Harwood Museum of Art of the University of New Mexico is to collect, preserve, exhibit and interpret the arts, especially those created in, inspired by, or relevant to northern New Mexico. The museum advances the University's mission and engages diverse audiences by stimulating learning, creativity and research through exhibitions, programs and publications.
- Community Engagement: We believe that the Harwood should actively contribute to and participate in the cultural and civic life of northern New Mexico
- Education: We embrace our role as an educational institution associated with New Mexico's flagship university
- Accessibility: We are committed to providing physical, intellectual and emotional access to museum collections and exhibitions
- Respect for Individual Needs: We understand and respect that each visitor has individual needs and interests
- Diversity: We value and respect multiple perspectives and backgrounds
- Visitor Experience: We are committed to facilitating an excellent experience for each visitor
- Aesthetic Experience: We value, respect and facilitate the individual aesthetic experience
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in all that we do
- Quality: The museum's programming embodies a high level of artistic and educational quality
- Stewardship: We are responsible stewards of collections and gifts
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to high moral, ethical and professional standards
- Transparency: We are committed to openness, communication and accountability